Throughout this crisis, we know that our ‘new normal’ continues to change every day. Like you, we will continue to adhere to our government and local guidelines for how to navigate our daily objectives.
We understand you may have had organized sports, exercise routines, and even surgery postponed or cancelled as a result of COVID-19. While many things are on hold right now, your physical health and pain should not be. As an essential business, we are able to ensure you get the care and attention you deserve without taxing critical resources like emergency rooms, urgent care centers, and hospitals.
In our mission to continue serving you with solutions to managing pain and physical rehabilitation, we’d like to update you on how we can help and what we’re doing to keep you safe and healthy.
When you come to see us, you can expect to see:
- We have instituted the use of regular and frequent deep cleaning technology with hospital grade electrostatic disinfecting practices.
- Screening protocols with non-touch laser thermometers for identifying clinical signs and symptoms related to COVID-19 for both patients and employees.
- We have required the use of masks for patients and employees. If you do not have a mask, please call us before entering the clinic. We are engaging in frequent hand washing and wiping down all surfaces and high-traffic touchpoints routinely. Our equipment is sanitized after each patient interaction.
- We are scheduling your treatment on an individual basis to avoid unnecessary contact between individuals within our clinics.
Our Service Options
- The majority of our clinics are open. Our numerous office locations are an advantage to us and have allowed us to consolidate where we treat patients in-clinic. If the clinic you usually visit is currently closed, our team of schedulers is available to help you find the open office nearest you.
- Telehealth appointments are now available for new and existing patients. We launched as a way for our patients to continue their physical or occupational therapy at home as we know some patients may not be comfortable in-clinic at the moment. Copays and coinsurances do not apply to Telehealth for any patient during the COVID-19 crisis.
- In-Home physical therapy is now available in limited areas. This is currently available in Westchester, Long Island, New Jersey, and New England.
To schedule any type of appointment, visit our website or give us a call today at 617-415-4901.We thank you for your resilience through this time and look forward to helping you navigate and return to normal, no matter how long it takes.