Benjamin Smit, PT, DPT
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy, The University Of Miami
- Bachelor's in Kinesiology, The University of Maryland
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist
- APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor
- Hip Specialist
- Blood Flow Restriction Certified
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Dr. Smit is the Clinical Director of Professional PT’s East 4th St Location (between 1st and 2nd Aves). After earning a degree in Kinesiology from the School of Public Health at the University of Maryland, he then continued his education at the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine, graduating with honors from the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program. Dr. Smit has been with the company since 2017, where he has continued to build his skill set, becoming a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), a Certified Blood Flow Restriction Specialist, as well as a Certified Hip Specialist. Outside of work, Dr. Smit enjoys being outdoors as much as possible, remaining active, traveling, and spending time with his wife, friends, and family.
Mackenzie Pert, PT, DPT
- Doctoral Degree, Physical Therapy, SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- Bachelor's Degree, Exercise Science, Biology, SUNY Cortland
- Physical Therapy
- Sports medicine
- Post-surgical recovery
Mackenzie Pert earned her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. She received her Bachelor’s in Exercise Science and Biology from SUNY Cortland. Mackenzie has years of experience working in outpatient orthopedic clinics specializing in sports medicine and post-operative recovery. Her passion lies in utilizing manual therapy and individualized therapeutic exercise programs to help each of her patients reach their full functional potential.